A great turn out for our first AGM at THE PLATFORM.
Just to put the year into perspective - 12 Months ago at our AGM we were deciding what to take with us to the new gallery and what to sell off.
The next month saw everyone collecting artwork, boxing up materials and selling off unwanted equipment and furniture. The management group met regularly and communicated via email to ensure decisions were made quickly and everything moved along smoothly.
We received a grant from DPTI, which contributed towards removalist fees, setting up the new gallery space with picture hangers, movable walls, blinds and other sundry items. Anne has acquitted this grant.
We moved in to the gallery in September and began the work of getting it ready for Pat’s Exhibition in October. We had several busy bees to attack the back rooms to make them safe and accessible.
Very early on we received a proposal from Port Augusta Music Club to use one of the back rooms as a meeting room. We accepted them under the banner of Curdnatta in much the same way as the writers group. They contributed to the setting up by painting and carpeting the room and back hallway and sharing the cost of a ladder etc.
John and Andrew also built the movable walls and put up the hanging system.
The early months in the gallery were a time of real change as we focussed on
· New signage
· Numbered keys
· Signing in
· Procedures booklet
· New fridge
· Water Filter
· Gallery Times and Roster.
· Pay Pal credit card transactions
EXHIBITIONS - In the new space … a special thank you to The gallery styling team for their assistance with setting up the gallery.
· Pat Carter’s Exhibition - “Who is Hillary” - October
· MELVA’s EXHIBITION – November
· Christmas Shop
· Official Opening
· History Month – celebrating the mural and POWER photographic exhibition.
· Carving our own way – student exhibition.
Members have contributed to other activities such as
· Nistico’s Christmas evening
· Test Kitchen Luncheon
· West Side Primary School student visits
· OUTBACK FRINGE MARKET
· ARID SCULPTURAL event – ongoing.
· Music Club events
· AN EVENING with photographer Tom Putt
· WRITING WORKSHOP WITH DAVID CHAPPLE
· Other special gallery openings.